Tools and Supplies I Use in my workshop
Follow this affiliate link to see the tools, products and supplies I use: https://www.amazon.com/shop/influencer-4e5e1fdd
Below is a list of tools products that I use. We put this list on here for those who want to support the site but don’t know how. This list has mostly affiliate links (the bold bullet list below are links), which means by clicking through these links and purchasing a product, we receive a very small commission, with no extra cost to you. If you choose to support us by clicking the links and buying the products, we sincerely appreciate it. This small contribution helps us maintain this website and continue to create videos, tutorials and plans.
The is not a list of the best products on the market. It is just a list of what we consistently use and like or recommend.
Matt and Amy - 731 Woodworks
Tools I Use
- Kreg K5 Pocket Hole Jig - This allows for fast and strong joinery using pocket hole screws.
- Kreg R3 Pocket Hole Jig- Smaller version of a pocket hole jig. Useful for places the K5 cannot reach.
- Kreg Face Clamp - This clamp is so useful to keep your material flush while attaching pocket screws.
- Irwin 36" Clamps -These clamps are very high quality while remaining inexpensive.
- Bessey 12" Clamps - Inexpensive but very good quality small clamps.
- Dewalt DWS780 Miter Saw - I have the DWS779 but it isn't available on Amazon. You can usually find the 779 at Lowe's or Home Depot for approximatley $150 less than the 780. The 780 adds the cut line laser.
- DeWalt DV010X Dust Collector Vac- This is a great dust collector. It features automatic filter cleaning and it really works!
- Dewalt Orbital Sander - This is the orbital sander that I use. It uses common 5" sanding discs. It has a connection for attaching to the DV010X dust collector or it can collect into a provided bag. It also features variable speed which comes in really handy!
- Bosch JS470E Jig Saw - This is a nice, well made variable speed jig saw. I love the quick blade change it can do with T-shank blades.
- Wen Electric Hand Planer - This is a very inexpensive electric hand planer. It is decent quality for the price you are paying (usually around $40).
- Delta 36-725 Table Saw
- RZ Mask - Awesome dust mask with replaceable filters. Very comfortable too!
- Ridgid Cordless Drill / Impact Kit -This is the cordless drill / impact set I use. Battery life is good and they are holding up very well.
- Ridgid Cordless Router - This is a nice little trim router for small jobs like round overs, etc. Don't expect this little guy to be a powerhouse but it is super handy for small jobs.
- Ridgid Cordless Brad Nailer - As handy as a shirt pocket! Makes quick work when building small items or nailing on trim.
- Fastcap Flatback Tape Measure - This tape measure is awesome to use on woodworking projects because it lays flat on your work.
- Classic Stanley Tape Measure - The classic Stanley tape measure.
Supplies I Use
- Kreg Screws 2 1/2" - These screws are used wtih 1 1/2" material like 2x4, 2x6, etc.
- Kreg Screws 1 1/4" - These screws are used with 3/4" material like 1x4, 1x6, etc.
- Kreg Plugs - These are great for filling pocket holes!
- General Finishes Clear Coat - This clear coat is expensive, but it is very good. That is why I buy it.
- Minwax Pre Stain Conditioner - Without using this, the stain comes out blotchy looking. This keeps those dark blotches out of your stained wood. Let it dry about 20-30 minutes before staining.
- Minwax Special Walnut - This is a lighter color stain but it is really beautiful on wood. We use this on a lot of our projects.
- Minwax Dark Walnut - This is a very popular color with us. We even used it on our own dining table. It is such a beautiful and rich color.
- Minwax Early American - This color was used on the X farmhouse coffee table with the bread board ends. It is a beautiful color.
- Titebond 2 Wood Glue - This creates a very strong bond between wood. I use it on all my wood joints.
- Tigershark Sandpaper - I've used several grit variations of Tigershark sandpaper. This is a variety pack. It lasts a long time and works very well for me.
- Diablo Table Saw Blade - This is a very good blade. Diablo makes some of the better blades on the market as far as I'm concerned.
- RZ Mask - The RZ Mask if comfortable to wear and lasts much longer than the disposable paper masks. They have replaceable filters as well.
I do not guarantee the quality, safety or usefulness of any of these products. I make no promises on how long they will last or how well they are made. These are just the items that I am currently using.